Observe your users in their natural environment and gain a true-to-life insight into the issues and challenges they face.
Why Should You Run Ethnographic Research?
Learn from your users directly and find out more about their challenges, goals and needs. By observing your participants naturally, you can be sure your product will help solve real issues. Our ethnographic research provides you with:
- Rich, unbiased insights directly from users, in a realistic and natural environment
- The ability to uncover context-specific issues, that other methods may not find
- A detailed but easy-to-consume report, containing actionable recommendations
How Does It Work?
Depending on what you want to find out, this process may differ slightly. However, the overall process will roughly follow the same steps:
- We work with you to discuss the objectives, participants and competitor products for the research. If you are investigating your own audience, we can use these for the research. Alternatively, our specialist partners then recruit according to your individual criteria.
- We conduct the research. This could involve shadowing users through a workday or visiting them at home for example. Observing them naturally, we record user emotions and behaviour for analysis.
- We collect and analyse our findings, before generating a visual and detailed report. This is easy-to-consume, actionable and contains prioritised recommendations.
When Should You Run Ethnographic Research?
Ethnographic research helps to provide you with an insight into the problems users face and can be a fundamental tool in deciding the product direction and purpose. Because of this, we would recommend running ethnographic research at the start of the project, to help guide development and reduce the risk of wasted time and money.
By learning about your users before you start developing, you can feel confident that your product aligns with user needs and is solving real problems that they face.
To make it as easy as possible to gather insights from the users that you need to hear from, we work with international partners to conduct research over-seas. This ensures that you hear from the most relevant users for your objectives.
Ready to gather user insights?
Get in touch to start learning from your customers